About the Dirt Salon
The Dirt Salon is a social enterprise offering affordable studio space to Hartford area artists and creative enterprises, artistic venue rental, and collaborative opportunities to area artists, musicians and patrons.
The Dirt Salon is fashioned after the art salons of Europe, which were cultural gathering places, hosted by women in their homes, to encourage the sharing of cultural pursuits and to support the artistic, literary, and musical communities.
It is our hope and mission to have the Dirt Salon become a well-used haven for artistic enterprise, musical enrichment and good creative fun, always keeping in mind that the support of a community's art and culture is the foundation for a grand city.
Each day at the Dirt Salon is a new adventure in creative expression. My fellow artists who I create along side of as well as the patrons, which have come to our call, never cease to amaze and inspire.
Viva the Dirt Salon!
The Dirt Salon opened its doors in September of 2011 and has, to date, featured the following:
- A Grand Opening event called the Dirt Flirt on 11/11/11, which included exhibits of art by Gabriela Galarza-Block, Lauren Zarambo, Ethan Boisvert, Carlos Hernandez Chavez, David Borawski, Anne Cubberly, and Nina Goodale Salazar.
- Several caberet musical evening events run by Japanalia's Dan Blow, featuring talented musicians and singers from the Hartford region and NYC.
- Our first signature event, the Zhivago, on 2/4/12, where guests in attendance all showed their unique interpretations of the Russian winter dress theme.
- Three Weddings!
- Fundraising events for organizations such as Guitar Under the Stars and the HartBeat Ensemble
- RIDE - and other exhibits of cutting-edge art, curated by David Borawski.
- The Dirt Flirt II in November of 2012, with live music by Hanging Hills, The Aquatudes, and Carlos Hernandez Chavez.
- More signature events, including the Oh-La-La, Night of the Gypsies, Deep Blue Rendezvous, and an amazing Dia de Muertos party on 11/1/14.
- Annual participation in Open Studio Hartford.
- Several Birthday celebration rentals.
- Many organizational meeting and event rentals.
50 Bartholomew Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106